Pro tips for delighting customers and maximizing tips
Good communication with customers is important to creating great customer experience and maximizing tips.
Call or Text
It can be helpful to communicate to customers if an issue comes up. We recommend introducing yourself and reaching out if:
1) An item is unavailable and a substitution is needed
2) There’s been a delay in the order due to severe traffic or merchant hold-ups
3) You’re having trouble finding the customer at the drop-off
Presentation counts when it comes to satisfied customers and tips.
1) Keeping items in the hot/cold bag until they are ready for customers
2) Saying a friendly thank you to add a personal touch
3) Fast Deliveries, Happy Customers
4) Head straight to the pickup and straight to the drop-of when making deliveries to ensure customers get their items as fast as possible and maximize your earning potential.
1) Don’t forget to click Accept and Pickup before navigating to the correct location
2) Use Google Maps or Waze for accurate turn-by-turn navigation
3) Hand the items to your customer at their front door
4) Do not confirm the drop-off until you have successfully handed the items to the customer.
Picking up at merchants is one of the most important parts of being a Gourmet Runner.
1) Double checking the shopping list and grabbing napkins, condiments, and utensils
2) Contacting the customer if an item isn’t available to ask for a substitution - call and text